Uploaded Table is a Report Widget that allows you to add your own custom data in a table format alongside your other Report widgets.
In addition to CSV files, you can easily add a Google Sheet URL as your source.
What are some common reasons to use Google Sheet data?
- Keep Data Fresh: Your Uploaded Table will always have the most recent data from your Google Sheet.
- Advanced Calculations: Show data from custom formulas in your Report Dashboard.
- Complimentary Data: Add more meaning to your Dashboard by including data from other sources such as Salesforce.
How do I set up Google Sheets as the source?
Step 1: Format your sheet data into columns with headers in the first row.
Step 2: Make your data accessible by selecting "On - anyone with the link" from the Link Sharing options. You can also change Access to "Can view".
Step 3: Copy your Google Sheet URL to use within Report.
Grab either the URL of the Google Sheet, or the Shareable Link, either will work.
Google Sheet URL:
Note: This URL will always return the first tab in the sheet you are viewing.
Step 4: Add your data to the Uploaded Table widget
- If you don't already have an Uploaded Table widget, create a new one
- Select the checkbox for "File is hosted on another website"
- Paste in your Google Sheets URL from the previous step.
- Give your widget a title and click Save.
Best Practices & Notes
- The Uploaded Table widget will only grab data from the first/active sheet. All other tabs will be ignored.
- The column headers of your table must be in the first row to populate in Report.
- TSV sheets must be saved as CSV before uploaded to Report.
- Make sure all cells are filled. Columns with blanks may not load properly.
- The first cell "A1" - must be filled, or you might see some inconsistencies in your sheet.
Have questions about getting started with Report? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.