Calculated Metrics gives you the power to define your own KPIs using existing metrics across all networks integrated with AdStage. This means you can combine network-specific metrics for streamlined cross-network reporting, as well as alter existing metric calculations
What are some common uses for Calculated Metrics?
- ROAS: Calculate your own return on ad spend metrics to report back to your CMO or client.
- Rename a KPI: Clients don't always have the same PPC vocabulary as marketers. Change a confusing conversion name like "Complete Registration" to something more digestible like "Signups".
- Add weight to a metric: Does one type of click matter more than another for your strategy? Create a metric like URL Clicks x 1.3 = Custom URL Clicks.
How do I set up a calculated metric?
Step 1: Navigate to the Calculated Metrics tab by hovering over the Data Management icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
Step 2: Click "Create New Metric" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Step 3: Write in your formula. You can use the buttons provided or simply type your formula out.
- Calculated Metric formulas follow the order of PEMDAS (parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction).
Step 4: Name your metric.
Step 5: Give your metric a description (optional).
Step 6: Choose a metric type, how to show increases (optional), and how to show totals (optional), then click Save.
Step 7: Find your calculated metrics in the Fields drop-downs in Report to see them in action!
Best Practices & Other Notes
- You can build off of your calculated metrics by creating a new metric formula on top of an existing calculated metric. For example, Cost Per (calculated metric).
- Don't see your newly created metric? Try a dashboard refresh.
Have questions about getting started with Calculated Metrics? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.