Calculated Metrics gives you the power to define your own KPIs using existing metrics across all networks integrated with AdStage. This means you can combine network-specific metrics for streamlined cross-network reporting, as well as alter existing metric calculations
What are some common uses for Calculated Metrics?
- ROAS: Calculate your own return on ad spend metrics to report back to your CMO or client.
- Rename a KPI: Clients don't always have the same PPC vocabulary as marketers. Change a confusing conversion name like "Complete Registration" to something more digestible like "Signups".
- Add weight to a metric: Does one type of click matter more than another for your strategy? Create a metric like URL Clicks x 1.3 = Custom URL Clicks.
How do I set up a calculated metric?
Step 1: Navigate to the Calculated Metrics tab by hovering over the Data Management icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
Step 2: Click "Create New Metric" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Step 3: Write in your formula. You can use the buttons provided or simply type your formula out.
- Calculated Metric formulas follow the order of PEMDAS (parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction).
Step 4: Name your metric.
Step 5: Give your metric a description (optional).
Step 6: Choose a metric type, how to show increases (optional), and how to show totals (optional), then click Save.
Step 7: Find your calculated metrics in the Fields drop-downs in Report to see them in action!
Best Practices & Other Notes
- Today calculated metrics are available in Report. Stay tuned for Automate and our reporting API.
- You can build off of your calculated metrics by creating a new metric formula on top of an existing calculated metric. For example, Cost Per (calculated metric).
- Don't see your newly created metric? Try a dashboard refresh.
- Some metrics, like Avg. Position, have increases over time in Summary widgets shown in green (positive change). To change this to red (negative change), simply use the "Show Increase As" toggle in Calculated Metrics to change what you see in your Summary widget.
Have questions about getting started with Calculated Metrics? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.