Rotations is an Automate Task Type that cycles through a selected set of Campaigns, Ad Groups, and Ads based on time or performance metrics.
How does it work?
Getting started is easy, simply choose the set of campaigns, ad groups or ads you wish to cycle, then select the conditions you want to trigger the rotation.
After the rotation cycle starts (based on the selected date/time), everything within that set of campaigns, ad groups, or ads will be paused.
Shortly after, the rotation will enable the first x number of campaigns, ad groups or ads. Once the first set of ads meets the time or metric condition(s), those will be paused and the next set will be enabled.
This continues until there are no more ads to rotate.
Once your ads have been fully rotated everything will be paused.
Note: When your newly cycled campaigns, ad groups/ad sets, or ads are set live, or when your "rotation" is complete, you'll receive an email notification.
What are some common ways to use Rotations?
- Keep Creatives Fresh: Rotate your ads every week to save your target audience from seeing too many impressions of the same ad creative.
- Drop Poor Performers: Rotate ads out once they have 1,000 impressions and their CTR has dropped below your target.
- Test Targeting: Rotate between multiple LinkedIn campaings to test the impact of using different targeting techniques.
How do I set up rotations?
Step 1: Choose what you want to rotate: campaigns, ad groups/sets, or ads.
Step 2: Select the network and the associated account, campaigns, ad groups/sets or ads to rotate. There is no limit to the number you can rotate.
Step 3: Set your rotation criteria:
- Choose the number of ads you’d like to run at the same time
- In the next field, add when you’d like to rotation to occur.
- For example, rotate ads every 2 weeks.
Step 4: Fill out the start date and time.
- If you’d like to add metrics as a condition, simply click ‘Add Metric’ button and select the metrics you’d like to include in your rotation criteria.
Step 5: Finish by naming your rotation and click ‘Save’
Have questions about getting started with Automate Rotations? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.