Rotations are a great way to test out ad creatives, as well as fight of ad fatigue. One of the newer tasks in Automate, Rotations let you select a pool of ads to have running at any given time, then allows you to select how many should be live at once. Rotating ads based on performance is a great way to save money by dropping poorly performing creatives.
How does it work?
Typically, users set up Rotations based on time (Ex: of the 10 ads I selected, rotate 2 ads every 2 weeks). In AdStage, we've included the ability to rotate your ads based time, or whether a KPI meets certain criteria; whichever comes first.
- Ex. of the 10 ads I selected, rotate 2 ads every 30 months*, or if impressions are greater than 1,000 and CTR is less than 5%
In the example above, 2 ads would go live at the beginning of the rotation, but if an ad has more than 1,000 impressions and a click through rate of less than 5% before the 2 weeks is up, that ad will be rotated out, and a new ad (of the 10 selected) will be rotated in.
*Using an extremely long period of time ensures that your ads will only rotate based on your KPI criteria
How do I set up a performance-based Rotation?
Step 1: Move through the Rotations flow as you usually would, following steps 1 & 2 found here
Step 2: Set your rotation criteria:
- Choose the number of ads you’d like to run at the same time
- Choose an extremely long amount of time for your time criteria (Ex. 30 months)
- Choose your KPI criteria for when an ad should be rotated out - to add more than 1 KPI criterion, click the "Add Metric" button
Step 3: Choose what happens when the Rotation completes
Step 4: Fill out the start date and time
Step 5: Finish by naming your rotation and click ‘Save’
Best Practices & Other Notes
We recommend using an impressions qualifier (impressions > x) when rotating by performance to ensure your creatives have enough air time before the system decides they have or haven't hit your main KPI criteria.
- For example, we wouldn't want an ad with less than a 5% CTR to be rotated out if it's only had 2 impressions.
Or, get started on a new performance-based Rotation here!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com